These are the terms and conditions of booking of Discover Kalymnos. The contract between the parties is made on the terms outlined herein. Because our Terms & Conditions contain legal obligations, we encourage you to read them carefully. They form the basis on which bookings are accepted by Discover Kalymnos. By using www.discoverkalymnos.com or any affiliated website, you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately. Discover Kalymnos may change online these Terms & Conditions at any time.
- Secure transactions: All payments made using the card are processed through the electronic payment platform of “Alpha e-Commerce” of Alpha Bank and uses TLS 1.2 encryption protocol encryption with 128-bit (Secure Sockets Layer – SSL). Encryption is a way of coding the information until it reaches its recipient, who will be able to decode it using the appropriate key.
- User accounts: You need to create a personal account and provide information about yourself in order to use some of the features on the site and book tours and activities. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password. You are also responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. We have the right to close your account at any time for any reasonable reason.
- Site Content: You can contribute to the site in a number of different ways, including writing reviews and uploading photos, (“Content”). We may use your content in a number of different ways, including displaying it on the site, distributing it, using it in advertisements. We reserve the right to remove inappropriate content from the site and you are full responsible for your content if it violates any third party right , copyright, trademark, privacy or property right. If we use your content in any advertisements you are not entitled to any compensation.
- Payment: Discover Kalymnos accept all major credit cards and there is no extra fee for processing credit card payments. Full payment by credit card is required to make a reservation. Payment will be listed as Discover Kalymnos on the credit card statement. No refunds are available once a tour or service has commenced, or in respect of any package, accommodation, meals or any other services utilized.
- Tour information: While touring, please note that seats are on a first come first serve basis. We may, at our discretion, require any person to withdraw from any tour if we deem their acts or conduct offensive or a nuisance to other passengers, and we shall have no further liability. We reserve the right to cancel any tours due to lack of demand and also to use vehicles as dictated by demand. We also reserve the right to alter at any time any price, place visited, itinerary or hotel owing to unforeseen circumstances. Every endeavor will be made to advise passengers in advance of any alterations which are deemed necessary.
In the event of any passenger not being carried for any cause whatsoever, no liability will be accepted by the operators beyond the refund of the fares. Should the passenger fail to arrive or arrive late at the starting point or during the tour, then no liability whatsoever can be entertained.
- Drivers: Drivers have to work under strict legal and time restrictions and therefore you will be dropped back at convenient stops, depending on the traffic conditions. Our drivers will do their best to drop-offs at your hotel or as near as possible unless stated otherwise. Your guide will be happy to assist and advise you.
- Guides: On the various tours lecture in English, unless there is a previous arrangement to lecture and to another language. Guided Tour may be operated in two languages
- Smoking: Smoking is not permitted but all tours make frequent stops.
- Food and Drink: In the interest of the safety and comfort of all passengers, we ask you not to bring hot food or drinks onto the coach.
- Clothing: Entrance to churches and monasteries visited in our tours is not allowed to gentlemen and ladies with no proper outfit.
- Children age 4-12 years: Children under seventeen must be accompanied by an adult. Infant 1-3 years free.
- Lost property: Whilst every effort is made to return lost property, Discover Kalymnos cannot be held responsible for property left on the coach. Property found must be collected from our office, for those participating in our tours.
- Personal insurance: Is not included. Please discuss this with your Travel Agent or your Insurance broker.
- Luggage: Overnight Tours the allowance is one suitcase not exceeding 20kg (44lb) in weight. A small amount of hand luggage is permissible. Luggage is carried at the passengers own risk and must be collected by the client.
- What the prices include: This is specifically stated on each tour web page.
- General conditions: Each tour operates to sufficient demand. In the event of “Places of Interest” being closed, or road conditions en – route prevent the tour as advertised being operated, every endeavor will be made to substitute an alternative, but the company reserves the right to cancel or alter arrangements.
No servant or agent of ours can vary our conditions and any such purposed variation shall be of no effect unless it has been signed by one of our directors. All matters concerning this booking shall be subject to Greek Law.
- Cancellation policies: Except otherwise stated, Tour or package or any product cancelled without due notice are subjected to a cancellation fee according to the following scale:Short Tours: for full day and half-day tours, a refund will be made up to 48 hours prior to tour departure date and time. Cancellation within 2 calendar days before the services begin you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee (no refund).
Multiday tours – Packages: for Multiday tours or packages you can cancel your reservation up to 14 days before the tour – package begin. No refund will be issued for cancellations made less than 14 days befor the start of the tour – package.
Private tours & Special request tours:
– Cancellation more than 30 calendar days before the services begin , Full Refund.
– Cancellation between 30 to 16 calendar days before services begin : You will be charged 10% cancellation fee.
– Cancellation between 15 to 7 calendar days or less before the service : you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee .
– Cancellation between 6 to the day of the services or after : You will be charged a 100% cancellation fee (no refund).
Personal data protection
The content of this Web Site is the intellectual property of Discover Kalymnos, subject to any rights not expressly granted here. All intellectual property rights contained in this Web site belong to Discover Kalymnos or to third parties legally concerned. By gaining access to this Site you agree that you accept the above intellectual property laws.
All intellectual property rights (including copyrights, software rights, rights in databases, patents, know-how, underlying algorithms, trademarks, logos, trade names and other trademarks as well as other similar rights, requests, updates) related to our site belong to the Discover Kalymnos. This also applies to any modifications to our site.
Some elements of our website include open source software that may be owned by third parties (“Open Source Software”). The use of Open Source Software is governed by the terms on which it is made available. These terms do not apply to the use of Open Source Software.
1. The Discover Kalymnos respects your privacy
1.1 Protection of your privacy when processing your personal data and the security of all business data is an important issue that we take into account during our business activities. The processing of personal data collected during your visit to our website and mobile apps is confidential and solely in accordance with applicable law.
1.2 Privacy and information security are part of our company policy.
2. Collection, maintenance and general processing of personal data
Personal data is any information that refers to and identifies or identifies an individual, such as name, address, place of residence, telephone number, e-mail address, profession, financial status.
3. We collect, process and maintain personal data
Namely, the name, surname, and addresses including IP addresses only if you have given us your explicit consent (eg as part of a registration, inquiry, competition or contract), with the exception of the application including the need to process personal data in the context of a statutory Discover Kalymnos obligation or in the context of executing a contractual relationship with the other party to the personal data.
4. Purpose of processing personal data
Discover Kalymnos, in its capacity as processor, uses and generally processes your personal data for the purpose of technically managing the website and mobile apps, for customer management in the sense of tracking the history of transactions with each customer and its pricing, product inquiries, and any queries you may submit to us only to the extent and for as long as is necessary to fulfill this purpose.
5. Transmitting personal data to third parties for processing
Discover Kalymnos has outsourced tasks such as sales and marketing services, contract management, payment settlement, scheduling, data hosting and open customer service. These providers act as processors as they process their personal data on order and on behalf of Discover Kalymnos.Discover Kalymnos has carefully selected these service providers and regularly monitor them, particularly for the careful use and safeguarding of the data stored in them. All service providers are required by Discover Kalymnos to observe confidentiality and comply with the provisions of the law.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer. With the help of these files it can be detected if your finished device has already contacted our website. Reading cookies allows us to customize your website and make it easier for you to use.
6.2 Cookies of Discover Kalymnos
6.4 Disabling and deleting cookies
When you visit our web pages, you ask for a Cookie-Layer Pop Up if you allow the cookies that are on our site or you want to disable them in the settings.
If you decide not to allow cookies, then an Opt-Out cookie is set in your browser. The Opt-Out system means that natural or legal persons can declare their objection to the processing of their data directly to the controller. This cookie only serves to match your complaint. Disabling cookies may, however, lead to some features of our site being no longer available. Please be aware that an Opt-Out cookie for technical reasons may only be used for the Browser from whom it is set. When you delete cookies or use another Browser or other end device, you must perform the “Opt-Out” rebuttal operation again.
However, the setting feature does not cover those cookies that were placed during your visit to third party websites by other providers.
However, through your Browser you can delete all Cookies at any time. For this, consult your browser’s help functions. And this can still lead to some special features being no longer available to you.
7. Use retargeting tools
7.1 We use retargeting technologies to optimize Discover Kalymnos online marketing. So the offer on the internet is made more interesting for you and is tailored to your needs.
7.2 By using cookies that capture your interest in our products and services as well as our usage behavior analysis, we can serve you with personalized and relevant advertising on our Retargeting partners’ websites, such as Google AdWords. But this happens anonymously, so you can not recognize it through retargeting.
7.3 Retargeting tools are only used if you have given us your consent. Therefore, you must have accepted the use of the relevant cookies as described in point 6 above.
8. Using conversion tracking
8.1 To make our online offer for our users as attractive as possible, we use so-called conversion tracking.
8.2. Our conversion tracking partners, such as Google AdWords, place a “cookie” on your computer, if you come to our website through an advertiser of your partner. These cookies expire after 30 days. In case you visit
some of our pages and the cookie has not yet expired, then we and our partner tracking partner can recognize that someone has clicked on the ad and was promoted to our site. Cookies can not be tracked through our website. The information collected with the help of the conversion-cookie is used to create conversion statistics and to verify the total number of users who clicked on the corresponding ad and were promoted to a page marked a conversion-tracking- tag.
But this happens anonymously, so you can not recognize it through conversion tracking.
8.3 Use of conversion tracking is only used if you have given us your consent. Therefore, you must have accepted the use of the relevant cookies as described in point 6 above.
9. Use analysis tools
9.1 For websites, Discover Kalymnos performs access metrics with network analysis tools such as WebTrends.
9.2 When selecting the analysis tools, we ensure that they collect the access data only anonymously, so that no connection with a user can be restored. In particular, this occurs through the anonymization of the IP address. Cookies are used to measure cookies to allow analysis of the use of the site. Particularly Discover Kalymnos can thus improve the quality of the data. The resulting information on the use of web pages is transferred to the statistics server, which operates at Discover Kalymnos. Only authorized people have access to these anonymous data.
9.3 When you do not want to use corresponding analysis cookies, then act as in Section 6.4.
10 Using Social Plugins (Social Add-ons)
10.1 Discover Kalymnos uses social plugins from social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ on its website and mobile apps (mobile apps). Here are activation fields, such as “Facebook Like Button” (Facebook button I like).
10.2 With the so-called double-click method, we protect you from the standard detection and evaluation of your visit to our websites by social network providers. If you visit a page of our site, which includes such plugins (plugins), these are initially disabled. Only when you click on the offered button plugins (plugins) are enabled. With this activation, you get the connection to the social network and you signify your consent to the transmission of your data. If you press the corresponding button, the corresponding information is transferred directly from your browser to the social network and stored there. If you want to stop the transfer, you must turn off the plugin (plug-in) again.
10.3 When connected to a social network, the data collected during your visit may be cross-checked with your own stored member data. If you do not want to associate the social network with the data collected on your visit with your saved member data, you must log out before activating the Social key
Plugin (social add-on) from the social network.
10.4 For information on the purpose and scope of data collection, further processing and use of social networking data, and your respective rights and regulatory options to protect your privacy, please refer to the data protection guidelines of each social network.
11 Using Recording Services
11.1 We offer you the ability to connect to our website and mobile apps with social-logins such as Facebook-Connect.
11.2 To sign up, go to the social networking page where you can connect to your data. This means that the account you keep on the network is linked to our service. Here, in case of your consent, the information of your public profile, your email address, and the identities of your online friends are transferred to us through the appropriate social networking service.
Instead, the social networking service used to sign up gets your login status, Browser information, and your IP address when you give us when you visit our website for this consent.
11.3 If you do not want data to be transmitted between us and the social networking service, then do not log in through social services, but instead use our own connection services.
12.1 Consent and withdrawal
When you give us personal information, we use it in order to be able to inform you of our products and services and possibly ask for your opinion of them, provided you have explicitly given us your consent to the use of personal your data for promotional and market research purposes. If we use a market research institute for research, then it acts as a processor solely on order and in accordance with the instructions of Discover Kalymnos.
If you have given us your consent for advertising and / or market research but in the future you do not wish to receive any advertising anymore or to inquire about our products and services from Discover Kalymnos then you can withdraw the consent yours anytime for the future by following the following procedure: Send us an email at email@example.com with the subject of deleting your personal information asking for their deletion.
Your data will then be deleted or, if it is still necessary for pricing and accounting purposes, will only be used to manage our customer relationship.
On our website and apps you can subscribe to the newsletter. We will send you a Newsletter via e-mail, mobile information services (such as WhatsApp), SMS or push updates if you previously take the following action by clicking on a link to a message that will
you explicitly confirm the activation of our newsletter service. If you decide subsequently not to receive the Discover Kalymnos Newsletters, you can terminate your subscription at any time by withdrawing your consent. The withdrawal of consent to receive a Newsletter via e-mail is via the link printed in the Newsletter or by e-mail to the service agents or our website management settings. The Mobile Newsletter is the recall by sending the Stopp message to the distributor.
13 Mobile applications
13.1 Using our mobile apps In addition to our online offer, we have mobile apps that you can download to your mobile end device. In this case you also have the rights described here. In addition to data collected on webpages, we collect additional personal data in our mobile apps, which arise especially from the use of a mobile end device. However, this is only the case when you have given us your consent for it every time.
13.2 Collecting your location data Our offer also includes the so-called “Location Based Services”, which offers you special offers for your location. To be able to offer you these app features, we collect your GPS location data and your IP address when you have given your consent. You can allow or revoke this feature at any time in your App or operating system settings by doing the appropriate actions.
13.3 Advertising Identifier / Advertising ID Collection For promotional purposes we use the so-called “Advertising Identifier” (IDFA) and the so-called Advertising ID for iOS. These are unique but non-personalized and non-permanent identifying numbers for a particular end device, created via iOS or Android. This data collected is not related to other information related to the tools. We use their identification numbers to provide you with personalized advertising and we can evaluate your use. When you enable “No Ad-Tracking” in your iOS settings – “Advertising” or if you enable “Disable interest-based advertising” in “Google Settings” – “Advertising,” we can only receive The following measures: Measure your banner interaction by counting the number of views of a “banner without frequency click”, clickthrough rate, single user verification, and security measures fraud and confrontation p sculptures. You can delete the IDFA (Ad ID) or Ad ID (“Reset Ad-ID”) at any time in your device settings, then create a new ID that is not associated with the previously collected data. We would like to draw your attention to the fact that you may not be able to use all the features of our Apps when you restrict the use of the identified identification numbers.
14 Using external links (link)
Discover Kalymnos sites may include links to third-party sites – with providers who are not affiliated with us. When you click on the link, we no longer have any responsibility – involved in the collection, processing and use of personal data transmitted to third parties by clicking on the link (such as the IP address or URL of the page , which contains the link), because third-party actions, as is normal, are beyond our control. For the processing of such personal data by third parties, Discover Kalymnos accepts no responsibility.
15.1 Affiliates and service providers charged with Discover Kalymnos are required to keep confidentiality and comply with the applicable EU and national laws on the protection of personal data, the decisions of the competent authority and the present terms.
15.2 Discover Kalymnos shall take all necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection of the data we manage from tampering, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons or unauthorized disclosure. Our security measures are continually improving, respectively, of the evolution of technology.
16 Information and Correction
Users have the right to request at any time information about the personal data stored for them and to know whether their personal data are processed or processed. In addition, users have the right to opt out at any time, including the correction, for the processing of their data. For this purpose, any request should be submitted in writing to Discover Kalymnos, as detailed in clause 18.
17. Revocation and deletion
17.1 In addition, you may at any time revoke your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data in the future.
17.2. The deletion of personal data takes place when you withdraw consent to storage – and in general to processing – when the knowledge of personal data to fulfill the intended purpose is no longer necessary or when processing for other legal reasons is permissible.
17.3. Data required for pricing and accounting purposes or subject to legal retention requirements, no
affected. Unless access is necessary, this data is also bound.
For information, corrections, suggestions, and complaints about processing your personal data and for withdrawing your consent, you can contact us via email or email to the responsible person responsible for processing your personal data in the email firstname.lastname@example.org